Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Child That Touch Me......by Alex

I am a father that reframes my child from taking part in extra-curricular activities. I had never believe in any TRAINING, as I grown and own a tremendous job ,not because I went to a cause or some thing. But a graduation ceremony, made a major adjustment to my opinion to life.


Do the children standing on the platform aren’t mine, but when the graduation certificates are handed to them, I started to tears, as I had witness his growth within the 5 month.

Last time he wont even dare look at my eye’s ,when I talk to him. What ever that I ask him, he will replay ironically. Every time when I ask him why did u take part in TRAINING? He will replay “my mom force me to”. When ever I had meal with him, I would always find him fighting for the biggest serving of meat. Most of the time he would be hiding in his room serving the internet, only during tuition , dinner and TV show he would pause on it. He’s like a primary school kid. The parent send there kid to a private school, as they fear that he would be bullied by others because of his eccentric personality. Even if it's a huge bur dent in doing so. I felled that is a waste of money to send him to so many TRAINING, as he did not change a bit after all that. His Mather which is my best friends , since the day he was born had worry him ever since. She always ask me, is there a way to save him? I am embarrassed to say that, “Because you had a wrong marriage”. I had never really had a proper thought about her problem.

Is there a education system that could help him? I just secretly glad that it was not my child, really.

I recall once, when the kid call and invite me to on of there activity, I was wondering where did he fid the initiative to call me (in his heart I should be a bad uncle that always laugh at his mistake). He said it was a performance that he take part and it’s quit expensive. I still remember that I said this to him in that conversation “ pay more attention in your study’s, dancing and singing wont bring you any good. He replay “this is very different , the performance is to help people that need help”. Without hesitations I said “help others! The person u should help first is your self” and he kept silent. Than the line was cut. In my heart I think, such a unmannered child he is. But than his mother visit me in person, told me that me that I must attend the performance, until she had the intention to help me out in the ticket money. A friend that I had know for two decades, not that I mine the price of the ticket. Just that I really don't know what I would expect to see , its on a Friday evening and it's a located at a very congested place. But I still bought two ticket and I told her that this is for her.

On the performance day, my wife was required to stay back for over time. So, I brought 13-year-old daughter, along the was it was raining and jam, many time I wanted go home. Eventually I arrive, but was 15 minutes late. At the performance hall, there are some simple snacks, photos and videos. That I am not interested. After my daughter had help her self with the snack we only went in. what I want to say is not level of the performance and performer, but he was on the stage, my friend’s son. He even has its own solo, dialogue and dance move that seems impossible. He is performing live in front of my eyes, although the show was long, I watch it till the end. good story, music and great actor. I really could not believe my eyes. On the way home, my wife gave me multiple phone call asking why am I so late and why didn’t I pick up. I did not replay, as I was thinking the owe, to my eldest daughter that is seating at the back seat.

Last week, I receive a call from the boy again, he said “ uncle , I invite you to see my graduation” I ask him “graduation, what so interesting about it?” he replay “ this time is not the same, this graduation is single – handedly planned and there are performance , speech……….” Before he even finish “ uncle, is driving, very busy” he replay “ can not, this graduation is only for people that is invited, if u are not free than I wont write your name” after hearing what he said I was angry “ask you mom to talk to me, why do you have to ask me go watch your performance at my busiest time, why are u still so selfish? I don't have to attend your graduation to know what had u learn, as I had already know u learn nothing, faster go get your mother to talk to me”. He replay softly with fear “ my mother does not know I call you, she is not at home and bye bye”. He hastened to cover the phone, just like some one had just terror him. my heart beat fast. I know I had said some thing wrong.

Two days later, I called the child's mother, told her that I and my wife want to participate in the child's graduation ceremony. She was shocked, but I did not say anything. The next time I meat she was at SIME DARBY, the graduation ceremony.

About 100 attended, all had weakness the performance. They are called EXPLORES, the layout the venue, they put all there Training results in the folder to note every one. They dress up formerly, like the kind of gentleman and a sophisticated white-collar workers like garments, to express there own opinion. On stage, they talk bravely and confidently. In the middle they put in video and song that they made them self. I was moved, apart for thoust that are on stage, and of cause the child that invited me whom I scolded twice, still dare to call me. I took a look at my wife and daughter, I had the compulsion to cling on to them. Wanted them to take part in such cause, at the same time don't know what to say to them.

After they gave out the certificate, I went up the stage and shake the child hand. My children and my wife found tear on my eye, they did not ask me why. The word that I said to the child flash throw my mine.

To help others? You should help yourself first!

This sentence should be used on me, thank you, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment